Castor Oil Balms
£12.00 – £18.00
This organic castor oil-rich balm is a one-pot wonder. Brilliant for soothing dry or inflamed skin, for helping to soften and repair scar tissue, or as part of a simple and easy castor oil pack traditionally used for the treatment of many conditions such as Endometriosis, PCOS, Fibroids and to support fertility and menopausal health. The balm is also wonderful as a deep moisturiser, or to be used on muscles and joints that feel sore and aching.
Natural ingredients include :
- Organic cold-pressed castor oil
- Natural Vitamin E
- The Balms are available scented with organic Lavender essential oil chosen for it’s ability to add extra soothing for body and mind, or organic Frankincense essential oil with it’s deeply calming and grounding scent, and added anti-inflammatory properties.
- There is also an unscented Balm available for those wishing to avoid essential oils.
Castor Oil has been used as a healing ointment since the early cultures of Egypt, India, Japan, China and Persia. It's composed of unique fatty acids , 90% of which are rare ricinoleic acids. Ricinoleic acids are antifungal, antiviral, and have a decongestant and detoxifying effect on the skin. Castor Oil also has significant anti-inflammatory properties and contains esters which soothe skin.
- for beauty care, on lashes and brows to help stimulate hair growth
- for dry, inflamed skin and has been found helpful by people with eczema, psoriasis, rosacea or irritated, congested skin conditions
- for softening scar tissue
- as part of a traditional castor oil pack, applied to encourage lymphatic circulation in the areas of the breasts, uterus, liver, and sore muscles and joints, and has been found by many to be helpful for supporting menstrual and menopausal health, and fertility.
- A study found that castor oil produced a temporary increase in the number of immune-boosting T-11 cells and lymphocytes. (Ref: Walters, Mao, Gunn, & Hornby ; Cleansing Formulations That Respect Skin Barrier Integrity, Dermatology Research and Practice, 2012
The use of a castor oil balm can make it easier and simpler to apply a castor oil pack (with or without heat) and make it a more practical option when time for a full treatment pack using liquid oil is not available or convenient.
Unscented Castor Oil Balm - Ricinus communis (cold-pressed, hexane-free castor) seed oil*, Cera alba (beeswax), Triticum Vulgare Germ Oil (natural Vitamin E from wheatgerm oil)* * organic
Castor Oil and Lavender Balm - Lavandula Angustifolia Oil * - naturally occurring in essential oil Linalool
Castor Oil and Frankincense Balm - Boswellia Serrata Oil * -naturally occurring in essential oil Alpha-Pinene, Limonene, 3-Carene, p-Cymene
Care Details :
It's always advisable to do a patch test first as although unusual it is possible to have an allergic reaction to castor oil. Please also be aware that castor oil can stain, so take care with your clothing or any fabrics with which the balm comes in to contact.
For skin care:-
Apply using clean fingers to any area of the body that feel dry, inflamed or in need of care as often as required. The product is highly concentrated so a little goes a long way. Avoid using scented versions near the eyes.
For castor oil treatment packs:-
Apply a generous amount of the balm to the area you wish to treat. Common areas include the lower belly over the uterus and fallopian tubes, the liver, and the lower back / sacrum, or to joints and muscles that feel sore or inflamed. Once applied, cover the area with a clean cloth or towel. If you wish you can place a warm heat pack or hot-water bottle over the cloth. Take care if you are using warmth over scar tissue where you may not as easily feel the temperature of the pack.
Where possible rest with the pack in place for 30 minutes initially, and gradually increase the time to one hour over a week or two. If you aren't able to rest with the pack in place for this length of time, the beauty of using the balm is that it is possible to apply it to any areas you wish to treat, either with a self-adhesive heat pack applied over the top of your clothes, or without heat, and the castor oil will still absorb in to the tissues and work it's healing magic.
- For external use only.
- Avoid contact with eyes.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- Do not use if pregnant or breastfeeding, and only up to ovulation time if trying to conceive.
- Store away from direct sunlight and heat.
|Castor Oil Balm||
Unscented, Lavender, Frankincense
small (60ml), large (120ml)